Sharing is caring!
If you are on your recovery journey, or already know someone, share these addiction recovery quotes!
- 50 Addiction recovery Quotes about recovery and healing
- Addiction recovery quotes to inspire and motivate you
- Addiction recovery qotes to empower you
- Addiction recovery quotes to help you see the brighter side
- Addiction recovery quotes to help you achieve this
- Addiction recovery quotes to make you strong
- Addiction recovery quotes to raise your perspective
- Addiction recovery quotes to help you defeat problems.
- Which of these addiction recovery quotes motivates you today?
It’s not easy to jump into recovery – but every step towards it is something to be proud of. If you or a loved one is having difficulty with any addiction, there is a way.
Use these addiction recovery quotes to help you persevere in the darkness, and find motivation on your journey. We also have a collection of medication quotes as well as inspirational depression quotes for anyone looking to ignite their inner fire.
50 Addiction Recovery Quotes
1. “I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upwards.” – Charlotte Brontë
2. “You believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
3. “Sometimes you just have to give yourself what you want other people to give you.” – Dr. Phil
4. “Don’t let the past steal your present.” – Terri Guillemets
5. “The mentality and behavior of drug and alcohol addicts is completely irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless in their addiction and unless they have generated help, they have no hope. ” – Russel Brand
6. “Experience is not what happens to you, it’s what you do with what happens to you.” – Aldous Huxley
7. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Not even bathing. That’s why we recommend it every day.” – Zig Ziglar
8. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
9. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
10. “Men often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary fortune.” – CS Lewis
Also read lists of these drug addiction medications to inspire recovery.
Addiction recovery quotes to inspire and motivate you
11. “Sometimes we inspire ourselves by thinking of who we want to be. Sometimes we inspire ourselves by thinking about who we don’t want to be again.”- Shane Niemeyer
12. “Our greatest glory will never fade away, but increase whenever we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “I understand, through rehab, things about creating characters. I understand that creating the whole person means knowing where we came from, how we can go wrong and how we can overcome things to be empowered. ourselves. ” – Samuel L. Jackson
14. “If everything seems like a cooperative struggle, just imagine the perspective from above.” – Unknown
15. “Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the man gets sober and takes his life back; it doesn’t end there.” – Bucky Sinister
16. “Change your behavior and follow your emotions.” – Susan McManhon
17. “All the suffering, fatigue, and addiction came from you not realizing that you were what you were looking for.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
18. “The only person you are destined to be is the person you have decided to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “You can come out of the furnace of trouble two ways: if you let it consume you, you come out with a binder; but there is a kind of metal that refuses to be consumed, and a star will come out.” – Jean Church
20. “Perseverance and the mulberry leaf become a silk.” – Chinese proverb
You may also want exciting heal right away quotes that will help you figure out what to say when someone you love is sick.
Addiction recovery quotes to empower you
21. “Barriers are the scary things to see when we look at our goals.” – Henry Ford
22. “The most common way people surrender to their power is by thinking they have nothing.” – Alice Walker
23. “There is no other way, no other way, no day but now.” – Jonathan Larson
24. “Believe more. Hide your face up to the light, even once you can’t see.” – Bill Wilson
25. “Judge not each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you sow.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
26. “It’s not the load that bothers you, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
27. “As human beings, our greatness lies in being less able to re -create the world … than in being able to re -create it.” – Mahatma Gandhi
28. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have a twenty -four hour day.” – Zig Ziglar
29. “Fall seven times, stand eight.” – Japanese proverb
30. “I think power is the rule. The rule of transition, as if you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve accomplished.” – Robert Downey Jr.
Addiction recovery quotes to help you see the brighter side
31. “Recovery is not a race. You don’t have to feel guilty if you’ve been around longer than you think.” – Unknown
32. “Either you run the sun, or the sun runs on you.” – Jim Rohn
33. “Of course motivation isn’t permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it’s something you should do regularly.” – Zig Ziglar
34. “The way to start is to stop talking and start doing.” – Walt Disney
35. “I’ve learned over the years that when a person’s mind decreases fear.” – Rosa Parks
36. “The true measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
37. “The person who makes no mistake doesn’t usually do anything.” – Bishop WC Magee
38. “Understanding the difference between healthy hard work and perfection is critical to laying the shield and choosing your life.” – Brené Brown
39. “Have patience in all things, but above all persevere in yourself. Do not lose courage in the consideration of your own darkness, but immediately set about remedying them – every day, start the work again. ” – Saint Francis de Sales
40. “If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll end up somewhere else.” – Yogi Berra
Addiction recovery quotes quotes to help you achieve things
41. “The only thing that stands between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort
42. “The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture the little way that they pass the impossible.” – Arthur C. Clarke
43. “Every strike brings me closer to the next run home.” – Babe Ruth
44. “Keep firmly before you the fact that all true success depends on yourself.” – Theodore T. Hunger
45. “Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we look for it.” – J. Petit Senn
46. ”If you’ve made mistakes, there’s always another chance for you. You can have a fresh start any time you choose, for the thing we call ‘failure’ is not the fall, but the stay.— Mary Pickford
47. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.” – Confucius
48. “Chances multiplied as they were seized.” – Day Tzu
49. “Change the way you look at things and the things you see change.” – Wayne W. Dyer
50. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
Also read: 25 gratitude questions to spark new ideas
Addiction recovery quotes to make you strong
51. “We’re all addicted to something that eliminates pain.” – A man like a woman
52. “Recovery takes all twelve steps … over and over …”- Toni Sorenson
53. “We must be open to change to ensure that our addiction to life always remains under review.” – Dr. Prem Jagyasi
54. “One thing you must realize is: whether you kill your addiction or your addiction will eventually kill you.” – Oche Otorkpa
55. “Some people are addicted to loneliness in the way others are addicted to coffee or cigarettes.” – Marty Rubin
56. “Refusing addiction delays recovery.” – Mokokoma Mokhakonan
57. “It’s not okay to bleed on someone you haven’t cut. Don’t wait until you’re pale to ask for help. Healing begins when the wound is still fresh.”- Toni Sorenson
58. “Just because something is familiar, doesn’t mean it’s safe. And just because something feels safe, doesn’t mean it’s good for you.”- Brittany Burgunder
59. “The Power to redefine your life and purpose is in your hands, use it effectively like a wise man.” – Oche Otorkpa
60. “If today is your past coming tomorrow, then make your past your future today.” – Darrel Loyd
61. “Addiction causes apathy. Break apathy, and you break addiction.”- Mango Wodzak
62. “Addiction is repetitive temporary … sedation. I am concerned with peace … not just cure.”- Edward Albee
63. “Your addiction isn’t yours, but you felt it because of your great time together.” – Toni Sorenson
64. “Too much of a good thing is toxic.” – Aysha Taryam
65. “Your addiction to daily distractions has denied you effectiveness.” – Bernard Kelvin Clive
Addiction recovery quotes to raise your perspective
66. “Recovery is hard. Regret is hard.”- Brittany Burgunder
67. “Every worthy act is difficult. The ascent is always difficult. It is easy and easily slippery. – Mahatma Gandhi
68. “Life will never be easier or more forgiving, we become stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
69. “When everything seems against you, remember that the plane is running against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
70. “He who does not kill us makes us strong.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
71. “Just remember just because you hit the bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” – Robert Downey Jr
72. “Rising from the ashes, I am born again, mighty, joyful, noble in all pain.” – Shannon Perry
73. “I think the worst day I had was when I stood in rehab in front of my wife and daughter and said, ‘Hello, my name is Sam, and I’m an addict.’ – Samuel J. Jackson
74. “No matter how dark the night, your light will not be lost.” – Jeanette LeBlanc
75. “Recovery is an acceptance that your life is in shambles, and you need to change it.” – James Lee Curtis
Addiction recovery quotes to help you defeat problems
76. “You cannot defeat darkness by keeping it within you.” – Seth Adam Smith
77. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
78. “The world destroys everything and then many are strong in the ruined places.” – Ernest Hemingway
79. “If you can stop one day, you can stop for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
80. “Change must begin from the individual. And the individual must want and feel ready to make such a change.”- Efrat Cybulkiewicz
81. “Recovery is something you have to work on every single day, and it’s something you can’t get one day.” – Demi Lovato
82. “Too much sacrifice of anything, even something pure water, can be intoxicating.” – Criss Jami
83. “I used medicine to get better. I stopped taking drugs to get better.” – Unknown
84. “You feel your strength in the experience of pain.” – Jim Morrison
85. “Recovery is not for those who need it. It is for those who want it.” – Unknown
Also read: What dreams of anorexia mean
Which of these addiction recovery quotes motivates you today?
Every time you wake up and set your mind to focus on positivity and wellness is one step closer to improvement. Although it’s not always easy and there may be moments of hesitation, just dig inside, take a few breaths, and remember how far you’ve come.
These addiction recovery quotes give us the sense that we are not alone and that others have walked the path we are on toward recovery. But did the path end? Is there a place where life stops about daily struggle and allows a recovering addict to turn their attention to enjoying life, loving the people in their life, and themselves ?
Headaches are full of stories of addiction and exaggeration. Stories of hope and recovery were unexpected before the mainstream media. We see differently. Recovery stories are as important as reporting problems that need to be resolved. Recovery stories lighten our hearts and give us reason for hope.
No one is addicted to drugs or alcohol because they are bad people. Most of the time it starts because a person does not have the skills to manage the stress they are experiencing in a healthier way. We all want to feel better and if no one has taught us how to do that without drugs or alcohol, those are easy ways to feel good. Learning skills that reduce stress reduce the risk of falling because you can help feel better without drugs or alcohol.
Every recovery is different. Many people return before their recovery is solid. You can skip the recovery but if not, you can start your recovery journey again. This time you will be smarter than you knew before. The key is to have hope and keep moving in the direction you want to go.
Our hope is that these addiction recovery quotes above reflect you and give you the strength you need to recover. Whenever you need too much motivation, pull these addiction recovery quotes to remind you change is really possible.
Please leave a comment on which addiction recovery quotes motivates you best and why.